Unlike the trends in the nineteenth century in which it was common the contract French and Austrian architects, and later to Romanians, in the case of the Maxut manor, a team of Italian architects was contracted to give life and style to a strategic place with the main purpose of building an elegant family and heirs house. The manor served for many years as a summer residence to a select group of nobles. Their days were marked by the sunny mornings in the garden, on the edge of the fountain, and especially by the incredible feeling of joie de vivre. The evenings were spent in the manor hall listening to the fireplace, to the suave piano sounds or to the children’s laughter during bridge games.
Regarding the construction materials used to build the mansion we have to remember the quarries found at Deleni since 1900. These stone quarries could have been exploited in the modern era by the Italians. It is known the building stone, yellow lime, used for the manor (foundations and cellar) and also used for the bridges and fountains built in the area, comes from Deleni querries. The manor is built of stone and brick and the roof is currently covered in metal sheets and scales.
The manor, the kitchen area and the stables all form together an overall rectangular shape with different architectural aspects on each component, arranged around a courtyard which accedes from east and corresponds to a court of honor. From historian Ruxandra Beldiman’s point of view, this type of compact incite is a rarity amongst the Moldavian mansions. The whole building is surrounded on the east, south and west sides by a romantic park, and everything is surrounded by the manor’s vineyards.